Otis, the String of Fishhooks
Meet Otis! Bass fishing is his life. You can track him around just by following the trail of fishhooks he leaves in his wake. He loves pecans and the old-timey flavors of days gone by. He and your grandfather agree, texting is not a thing. Pick up the phone and call your mom like the decent child she deserves! Anyway, he’s a quiet old cuss, just needs bright light and a sip of water if you have the time thank you very much. Harumph.
We recommend planting this plug in our Cactus & Succulent soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Botanical name: Senecio radicans ‘Glauca’
- To prevent rot, use well-draining pots and soil and only water when the soil is dry.
- String of Fishhooks likes to live in a bright spot. Just be sure to keep it away from hot glass or prolonged exposure to hot summer sun because it’ll burn.
- The blue-green leaves have narrow, translucent stripes that allow sunlight into the leaf interior.
- Mildly toxic to pets and people.
- Skill Level: Beginner