Decorative Western Desert Sand adds the final touch to container grown plants. This product can reduce soil compaction resulting from requent watering, help retain soil moisture around plants and ensures an attrive finished look. This decorative soil cover is great for your xeriscape garden. Be sure to follow the directions on how to place the rootball to provide proper space for decorative cover. Can use this product for both indoor potted and outdoor succulent plants.
|Dimensions||7 × 12 × 12 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Your plants and products leave our greenhouses within 24 hours from the time you placed your order. Living products like plants or living decor ships only Mondays and Tuesdays. Your order is scheduled to arrive at your door, fresh and ready to plant or use, within 3 days or less of leaving our greenhouses. We cannot guarantee arrival on a specific day.
Plant & Garden Goods Shipping Methods
We use FedEx Express Saver and the US Post Office to ship our orders. If you live in Northern Colorado, you can choose the local delivery option and we'll deliver your product within 24 hrs from your purchase time. We grow millions of annual plants and perennial plants and also carry hundreds of different houseplants and succulents every year. Annual plants will ship from March 15th to October 1st. Perennial plants will ship from March 15th to October 1st. Houseplants, succulents and garden goods ship year round if weather is not below 25 degrees. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us at 970-223-4769 (M-F 9 am - 5 pm) or by email.
Highlights: Ready-to-Use formula that provides proven cool weather performance to control over 80 of the toughest to control broadleaf weeds. Visible results in just 24 hours.
Size & Package: 32oz. Plastic RTU Container
Benefits: Kills and controls many listed broadleaf weeds in the garden, including vine weed and other hard to kill weeds
How to use: Spray mature weeds and allow no water for couple of hours. Respray as weeds emerge.
Suggested Uses: Flower Beds, Garden Care, Garden Supplies, Garden Tools, Outdoor Plants, Xeriscape (low water) Garden
Cautions: Do not use on desire plants, keep out of kids and pets reach. Please Read Label Before Use
- Excellent postemergent activity with proven performance for Broadleaf Weed control in turfgrass.
- Superior cool weather performance.
- Rapid and effective Weed control for common and troublesome Weed Species in Turfgrass, e.g., Spurge, Pennywort (Dollarweed), Dandelion, and White Clover.
- Rainfast in three hours.
- Injury to Weeds can be noticed within hours of application and Plant death can occur within 7 – 14 days.
Highlights: This Soil Test Kit is simple and easy for anyone to use. This kit has 4 containers to test for acidity/alkalinity levels (pH), nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potash (K).
Size & Package: W-2″ x H-3″ x L-1″ Made of plastic.
Benefits: Fast, fun and easy to use. You will be able to achieve better growing results by testing your soil periodically throughout the growing season.
How to use: All you do is take a sample of soil, mix with water, transfer some of the solution to the color comparator, add powder from capsule, shake and watch the color develop. Then, make notes of your test results. Fast, easy and it only takes a few minutes!
Suggested Uses: Garden Tools
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children.
- Simple and easy for anyone to use
- Kit has 4 containers to test for acidity/alkalinity levels (pH), nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potash (K)
- This color-coded kit gives you results to help you grow more successful fruits & veggies, trees & shrubs, plants & flowers, and grasses & lawns
Highlights: This dark green Vinyl Stretch Tie has 150 feet of 1” vinyl tie and can help support your plant while allowing it to grow without being restricted.
Size & Package: W-5″ x H-1″ x L-5″ Made of vinyl
Benefits: Has the ability to stretch as your plant grows. The color is not distracting and is dark green.
How to use: Carefully place a stake in the ground beside your plant. Using the Vinyl Stretch Tie, tie it around the middle of the plant to the stake to create a more sturdy support system.
Suggested Uses: Edible Garden, Garden Supplies, Garden Tools
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Has the ability to stretch and support as your plant grows because it is heavy-duty and will not break easily
- If you live in a place where there is a lot of wind, this product will help support your taller plants
- Can also help with training your tree to grow properly
Highlights: For newly planted flowers, shrubs, trees & house plants.
Size & Package: 1 Gallon, Concentrate
Benefits: Aids development of stronger root structure & promotes vigorous growth for greener plants.
How to use: 3-1/2 tablespoons per gallon of water
Suggested Uses: Flower Beds, Garden Care, Garden Supplies, Indoor Plant, Outdoor Plants
- 1 Gallon, 4-10-3, Concentrate
- Contains hormone type root stimulator & fertilizer
- 3-1/2 tablespoons per gallon of water
Highlights: This product fertilizes your roses, flowers, or shurbs to promote strong roots and beautiful blooms. It provides insect and disease control against the major problems of roses, hibiscus, iris and other flowers and shrubs for 6 weeks.
Size & Package: 32oz Concentrate
Benefits: Includes easy-to-use measuring cup. Provides protection against disease and insects. Promotes strong roots and big blooms.
How to use: Can use every 6 weeks throughout the growing season. Fill a bucket or watering can with the appropriate amounts of concentrate (add first) and water (add last). Slowly pour as close to the base of the plant as possible, being careful not to get on leaves. When finished, rinse the bucket/watering can with clean water and pour onto treated area.
Suggested Uses: Containers & Hanging Baskets, Garden Care, Insect Repellent Plants, Outdoor Plants
- 32oz. Concentrate
- 9-14-9 formula
- Provides 6 weeks of protection against major diseases and insect issues
- Promotes strong roots and beautiful blooms
Highlights: This 6 foot Plant Protecting Wrap shields tender plants such as shrubs, pots, or hanging baskets against frost.
Size & Package: W-6’ x L-6’ Made of medium weight cloth.
Benefits: Provides 6-8 degree protection from spring/fall frost, freezing temperatures, and cold winds. A cinch cord is included for quick installation.
How to use: Using the included cinch cord, wrap your Plant Protecting Wrap around your plant.
Suggested Uses: Garden Tools
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Shields valuable plants against early spring or late fall frost, freezing temperatures and cold winds year after year
- Cinch cord is included for quick installation
- Great over shrubs, pots, or hanging baskets and provides 6-8 degree protection
Highlights: This Professional-Grade Horticultural Charcoal improves drainage and absorbs harmful impurities.
Size & Package: 24oz. 100% Hardwood Charcoal
Benefits: Encourages air circulation within the roots of plants. Can help remove chemicals or salts which could be toxic to plant roots. Can help prevent root damage from overwatering and keep your soil fresh.
How to use: Terrarium Planting: Place a layer of clean gravel in the bottom of your terrarium. Add about 1” of charcoal. Add 3” of peat moss.
Non-Draining Container Planting: Add approximately 1” of charcoal to the bottom of an non-draining pot before filling with soil. This will absorb excess water to help prevent root damage from overwatering and keep your soil fresh.
Suggested Uses: Garden Care, Containers & Hanging Basket, Terrarium
Cautions: Do not swallow or put in mouth. Keep from contact with eyes, cuts, or sores. Wash exposed skin thoroughly after use. Keep out of reach of children.
- Charcoal is a porous form of organic matter primarily composed of carbon
- Horticultural Charcoal filters to help remove chemicals or salts which might be toxic to plant roots
- Perfect for planting terrariums and containers with or without drainage holes
- Encourages air circulation within the roots
Highlights: This African Violet potting mix is specially formulated with a balanced blend of ingredients and pH to help create a rich and porous medium for growing beautiful beautiful foliage and flowers.
Size & Package: 8 Quart
Benefits: A great balanced blend for sensitive plants such as African Violets, Gloxinia, Sinningia, Steptocarpus.
How to use: Select a container that will have enough room for the Black Gold soil to cover the root system. Remove the plant from old home and carefully brush old soil from roots. Place plant in the center of new container and cover with soil avoiding to cover the base of the stem. Firm the soil around your plant by pressing gently with your hands. Water your plant thoroughly, allowing the excess to drain out the bottom and add more soil if needed. Enjoy your plant!
Suggested Uses: Containers & Hanging Baskets, Garden Care, Garden Supplies, Indoor Plant
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children and pets. Please read complete label before use. Do not swallow. Avoid breathing dust. Avoid contact with eyes, open sores, or cuts. Wash exposed skin thoroughly after use.
- 8 Quart
- Great for African violets and other sensitive plants such as Gloxinia, Sinningia, Streptocarpus
- Provides a well balanced blend of ingredients and pH to create beautiful foliage and flowers
- Includes peat moss, bark, compost, perlite/pumice/cinders, earthworm castings, and organic fertilizer
Highlights: Use on Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts, Ornamentals, Shrubs & Flowers
Size & Package: 16 OZ, Concentrate
Benefits: Controls Aphids, Scale, Mites, Whiteflies, Powdery Mildew, Rust, Sooty Mold and others listed on complete label
How to use: Only 2 1/2 – 5 Tablespoons per gallon of water. Apply every 14 days to prevent disease.
Suggested Uses: Edible Garden, Flower Beds, Garden Care, Garden Supplies, Insect Repellent Plants, Outdoor Plants, Xeriscape (low water) Garden
Cautions: Keep out of reach of small children and pets. Do not enter treatment areas until spray has dried. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Please Read Label Before Use
- 16 OZ, Concentrate
- Insecticide, Fungicide & Miticide
- Only 2 1/2 – 5 Tablespoons per Gallon of Water
- Apply every 14 days to prevent disease
Highlights: Horticultural charcoal absorbs excess water from your plant's roots and protects against fungus and rot. Also, very effective in sweetening soils (raising pH) in terrariums.
Size & Material: 2 ounces. Made of charcoal.
Suggested Uses: Terrariums, Fairy Gardens, Indoor Plants