Sadie, the Monstera Deliciosa Leibm
Meet Sadie. She guides wildlife photo safaris into Montana’s Bob Marshall Wilderness. Oh, the stories she has! She’ll lead you into the remote backcountry on horseback, sleeping under stars brighter than you have ever imagined. Pour some cowboy coffee and join her by the campfire. If you are lucky, she’ll tell you the tale of the wild splits in her leaves… both the grizzly bear and the fenestrations growing larger with each telling!
We recommend planting this plug in our regular potting soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
**Winter Shipping** Our plants are considered tropical and cannot survive for extended periods in temperatures below 40° F. Even if it’s warm where you are, remember that these plants are shipping from Northern Colorado! We require that you order a heat pack to add to your shipping box, this will help protect your plants from cold and frost. We will activate it as soon as it ships and it heats for 72+hours. Please understand we will not be responsible at all for damage due to cold weather if a heat pack is not added to the order. So, show your plants some love and get them a warming buddy!
(One heat pack is sufficient for a whole order)
Purchase heat pack HERE
- Young leaves are elliptical and do not have fenestrations (splits in the leaves). As the plant matures, the leaves begin to become deeply incised along the margins.
- Grows most vigorously in a bright, warm area (direct sun can cause leaf burn).
- Likes regular water, somewhat drought tolerant, never let the bottom of the pot sit in water!
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth when they become dusty.
- All parts of the plant are toxic to people and pets.
- Skill Level: Intermediate