Ruby, the Ruby Cascade Peperomia
Meet Ruby! She commands a room using only the understated beauty of her simple silhouette. Look at you, Ruby, with your long locks and two-toned spiffy leaves. But this beauty often comes with a price, as she can be quite temperamental; if one element is off in her environment, she may refuse to cooperate and will withhold her full beauty! Carefully monitor her water and light and she’ll love you right back.
We recommend planting this plug in our Cactus & Succulent soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Botanical name: Peperomia ‘Ruby Cascade’
- It needs very little water and overwatering increases the risk of root rot. If you have it in darker conditions, chances are that the soil will stay wet for a long time and thus cause rotting.
- To thrive, this plant needs very bright indirect light.
- Long trailing vines make it the perfect plant for putting on a shelf ledge or in a hanging fixture!
- Non-toxic to pets and people.
- Skill Level: Intermediate