Cirrus, the Rhipsalis Cereuscula
Meet Cirrus. He’s a cactus-y fella who lives up high in trees. Like his high altitude namesake, Cirrus has a ‘finger-like” appearance. He’s always hanging around, drifting without a care. Doesn’t want much water. Doesn’t want direct sun. Just a chill little dude from the Rhipsalis family.
We recommend planting this plug in our Cactus & Succulent soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Botanical name: Rhipsalis cereuscula
- Common names: Mistletoe Cactus.
- Loves lots of bright indirect light.
- A native of Brazil, Rhipsalis isn’t a desert cactus but rather an epiphyte from the rainforest.
- Water regularly but allow top 2″ of soil to dry out before soaking.
- When the plant blooms, tiny bright yellow flowers develop into small pink berries (non-edible).
- Skill Level: Beginner