Ralph, the Rhaphidophora Tetrasperma
Meet Ralph. He has a strong sense of self, despite being constantly mistaken for that monstera deliciosa down the street. He gets it, he knows there are many similarities, and he even has dwarf monstera as his common name. But Ralph still confidently makes his window-filled leaves (fenestrations) wherever and whenever his little green heart desires! You go, Ralph!
We recommend planting this plug in our regular potting soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Botanical name: Rhaphidophora tetrasperma
- Grows best in bright, indirect light. Too much harsh sun can turn the leaves yellow.
- Young plants may not have splits and that’s ok! As the plant gets older, the leaves will begin to split.
- Loves climbing moss poles!
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth when they become dusty.
- Toxic to pets and humans.
- Skill Level: Beginner