Philodendron ‘Prince of Orange’
Meet Gideon, Prince of Orange, Keeper of America’s canals-of-old. This May through October, Gideon is in Lowell, Massachusetts, taking in the breathtaking view of the Merrimack River from atop the Northern Canal Walkway where he chooses whether the walk will be open to the public each day. Armed with the USGS flow rates, updated minute by minute of course, the decision is made by Gideon to open or close the walkway for the day based on the water levels at around 9 a.m. each morning. That’s Gideon, savin’ lives, or at least your dry pants, on the daily!
We recommend planting this plug in our Aroid potting soil.
THIS PLANT SHIPS AS A 1″ FULLY ROOTED STARTER PLANT, AS SHOWN IN THE SECOND PHOTO. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
- Grows most vigorously in a bright, warm area (direct sun can cause leaf burn).
- Likes regular water, somewhat drought tolerant, never let the bottom of the pot sit in water! If leaves are turning yellow and falling off, it's likely over-watered.
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth when they become dusty.
- Toxic to pets and people.
- Skill Level: Intermediate