Philodendron ‘Black Cardinal’
Meet Alastair. He has an extensive collection of Architectural Digest back issues and did we mention he’s currently renovating a 13th century castle? We won’t say which one, but we can hint that he has a direct line to the Romanian Office of Historical Preservation Permits. Alastair would love to source some quality oak pegs to finish dowelling the arch-beam roof of the caretaker’s cottage, if you happen to know anyone. Oh, and gloomy tapestries. Definitely on the list.
We recommend planting this plug in our Aroid potting soil.
THIS PLANT SHIPS AS A 2″ FULLY ROOTED STARTER PLANT, AS SHOWN IN THE SECOND PHOTO. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
We root certain plants in sphagnum moss for greatest shipping success. When you go to repot your plant, carefully remove the growers pot and gently tease open the sphagnum and roots. If some sphagnum falls off, no worries! It can be discarded or added to your potting medium. If some stays attached to the roots, just let it be. Your roots will grow happily around it. We advise that you don’t overly mess with the roots, they don’t need to be picked clean. Questions? Message us!
- Grows most vigorously in a bright, warm area (direct sun can cause leaf burn).
- Likes regular water, somewhat drought tolerant, never let the bottom of the pot sit in water! If leaves are turning yellow and falling off, it's likely over-watered.
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth when they become dusty.
- Toxic to pets and people.
- Skill Level: Intermediate