Nepenthes lowii x ventricosa – red
Only 2 left in stock
A classic hybrid, this tropical pitcher plant has striking red, flaring, wide mouths on mature pitchers. It produces thick leaves and the pitchers have a woody texture. This carnivorous plant is wonderful at capturing gnats, fruit flies and mosquitoes! Great for beginners, this plant is an easy windowsill grower.
We recommend planting this plug in our Nepenthes soil.
This plant ships as a 2″ rooted starter plant.
—Plants ship on Mondays and Tuesdays—
- Tropical pitcher plants do best in part shade to bright sunlight. They are well suited for growing on window ledges.
- Water with distilled or non-chlorinated water. Avoid watering the crown of the plant.
- Make sure the pitchers always have a little fluid in the bottom.
- Feed your Nepenthes in the growing season, once every two weeks for robust growth. Use small gnats or small fish food flakes.
- Toxicity: Nepenthes are safe for pets and humans.
- Skill Level: Beginner