Nepenthes x ‘Bloody Mary’
Nepenthes x 'Bloody Mary'
Live Plants ship on Mondays & Tuesdays only.
The Nepenthes Bloody Mary is a large, hybrid tropical pitcher plant with an attractive red coloring. This plant is created from a female parent from the Nepenthes Ampullaria species and a male parent from the Nepenthes spectabilis x ventricosa species, which is also a cross breed between Nepenthes ventricosa and Nepenthes spectabilis. This carnivorous plant is wonderful at capturing gnats, fruit flies and mosquitoes! Great for beginners, this plant is an easy windowsill grower.
We recommend planting this plug in our Nepenthes soil.
This plant ships as a 2″ rooted starter plant.
Mature Plant Height
Mature Plant Spread
- Tropical pitcher plants do best in part shade to bright sunlight. They are well suited for growing on window ledges.
- Water with distilled or non-chlorinated water. Avoid watering the crown of the plant.
- Make sure the pitchers always have a little fluid in the bottom.
- Feed your Nepenthes in the growing season, once every two weeks for robust growth. Use small gnats or small fish food flakes.
- Toxicity: Nepenthes are safe for pets and humans.
- Skill Level: Beginner