Morgana, the Starfish Flower
Meet Morgana. She is confident in her defiance of society’s rule that flowers are sugary sweet. She grows as a sturdy clumping succulent and when she blooms, wow! Her starfish shaped blossoms are captivating to look at with their fleshy, 5-pointed, stars that can reach a foot in size. Some find the aroma of her flowers a little tricky to get used to but her powerful presence is a must for any true collector’s sill!
We recommend planting this plug in our Cactus & Succulent soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Botanical name: Stapelia gigantea
- Common name is Carrion Plant or Starfish Plant.
- Stapelias are subjects of interest and are frequently grown by collectors of succulents.
- Stapelia gigantea is a carrion flower, and emits the stench of rotting flesh to lure in its pollinator of choice: flies. It is recommended that you keep your plant outdoors when blooming to minimize your contact with odor (unless you like it!).
- Skill Level: Intermediate