Melia, the Hoya ‘Royal Hawaiian Purple’
Meet Melia! A tropical climber who races to explore every inch of her surroundings, Melia winds her way into your love as easily as following a heart-shaped trellis. Blooming with jaw-dropping purplish-black flowers, she is obviously royal and shall be treated as such. But no stuffy thrones for her, think more warrior princess… she’ll send word from conquered mountaintops and waded waterfalls. There is nothing about this girl that is not extraordinary.
We recommend planting this plug in our Cactus & Succulent soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Botanical name: Hoya pubicalyx x. Royal Hawaiian Purple
- This plant is sensitive to overwatering, let the top inch of soil dry between waterings.
- They’ll do best in a bright location, but will be just fine in medium light conditions too.
- Non-toxic to humans and pets.
- Skill Level: Intermediate