Marlowe, the Monstera var. laniata
Meet Marlowe! Who ever loved that loved not at first sight? This Monstera has an Elizabethan fascination with distant and exotic worlds. Waxing poetic whenever possible, Marlowe seems inherently driven towards the discovery of truth and bright windowsills. Though smaller and more delicate (a bit wrinkly even), than his cousin M. adansonii, Marlowe will astound you with his dizzying philosophical speculations. A rare find, indeed.
We recommend planting this plug in our regular potting soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Botanical name: Monstera adansonii var. laniata
- Very rare monstera!
- Mature leaves have large oval holes.
- Grows most vigorously in a bright, warm area (direct sun can cause leaf burn).
- Likes regular water, somewhat drought tolerant, never let the bottom of the pot sit in water!
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth when they become dusty.
- All parts of the plant are toxic to people and pets.
- Skill Level: Intermediate