Margarite, the Anthurium scandens
Meet Margarite! When her husband passed away a few years ago, Margarite refused to leave her hacienda. Even though her grown children tried to convince her to buy a small apartment in town, Margarite couldn’t abandon the house that held all the wonderful memories of their life together. They used to have incredible parties filled with colorful gowns, beautiful people, and the most euphonious mariachi music you have ever heard. There might not longer be parties held at her hacienda, but Margarite still loves to be there, wearing her emerald green gown and her pearls, listening to the music she used to dance to with her love.
We recommend planting this plug in our regular potting soil.
THIS PLANT SHIPS AS A 2″ FULLY ROOTED STARTER PLANT, AS SHOWN IN THE SECOND PHOTO. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Grows most vigorously in a bright, warm area (direct sun can cause leaf burn).
- Likes regular water but never let the bottom of the pot sit in water! If leaves are turning yellow and falling off, it's likely over-watered.
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth when they become dusty.
- Toxic to pets and people.
- Skill Level: Intermediate