Madeleine, the ‘Ruby’ Variegated Rubber Tree
DECEMBER 2022 HOLIDAY SHIPPING NOTICE: Live plant orders must be placed by noon (MST) on Monday, December 12th. After this deadline, the inventory will drop to zero to prevent accidental ordering. Inventory will reappear on December 27th and shipping will resume on January 2nd. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions, we will be checking messages consistently during this time.
Meet Madeleine. She lets you see the world through rose-colored glasses and is a lovely jewel in your plant family. Pink is the most calming color and Madeleine really brings the peace to you! All she asks for in return is a little attention…and your undying love, of course.
We recommend planting this plug in our regular potting soil.
THIS PLANT SHIPS AS A 1″ FULLY ROOTED STARTER PLANT, AS SHOWN IN THE SECOND PHOTO. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included. If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
Winter shipping has begun… as a heartfelt thank you, this year we are including free winter protection (thermal insulation liners every time and heat packs as necessary) in each box. *Free winter protection only available through website orders, not our Etsy shop
- Botanical name: Ficus elastica 'Ruby'
- Grows most vigorously in a bright, warm area (direct sun can cause leaf burn). Bright light will encourage the most variegation.
- Likes regular water, somewhat drought tolerant, never let the bottom of the pot sit in water! If leaves are turning yellow and falling off, it's likely over-watered.
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth when they become dusty.
- Mildly toxic. The sap can cause skin irritation and rash.
- Skill Level: Intermediate