Lizzie, the Variegated String of Pearls
1″ STARTER PLANT
*Terracotta pot in photo sold separately.
Meet Lizzie! She spends her days dreamily writing love notes to the sun with her cinnamon-scented sparkle unicorn pen. She knows her older sister, string of pearls Elizabeth, is jealous of both her variegation and her sparkle pen but she was just born this way. She wants, nay, deserves! the brightest spot on the sill to maintain her looks and please, for the sake of all that is succulent, hold the water.
We recommend planting this plug in our Cactus & Succulent soil.
- Botanical name: Senecio rowleyanus variegata
- Bright light will create the most dramatic variegation.
- Let dry completely between waterings. If its spherical leaves are flattening out, it needs more water.
- Though most commonly found in hanging baskets, you can also grow the string of pearls in a regular pot, allowing it to form a terrestrial mat the way it does in the wild.
- The string of pearls can bloom white flowers with a pleasant cinnamon scent.
- Toxic to pets and humans.
- Skill Level: Intermediate