Lizzie, the Variegated String of Pearls
Meet Lizzie! She spends her days dreamily writing love notes to the sun with her cinnamon-scented sparkle unicorn pen. She knows her older sister, string of pearls Elizabeth, is jealous of both her variegation and her sparkle pen but she was just born this way. She wants, nay, deserves! the brightest spot on the sill to maintain her looks and please, for the sake of all that is succulent, hold the water.
We recommend planting this plug in our Cactus & Succulent soil.
THIS PLANT SHIPS AS A 1″ FULLY ROOTED STARTER PLANT, AS SHOWN IN THE SECOND PHOTO. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included. If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
Winter shipping has begun… as a heartfelt thank you, this year we are including free winter protection (thermal insulation liners every time and heat packs as necessary) in each box. *Free winter protection only available through website orders, not our Etsy shop
Ft. Collins is Zone 5
Find Your Zone →
- Bright light will create the most dramatic variegation.
- Let dry completely between waterings. If its spherical leaves are flattening out, it needs more water.
- Though most commonly found in hanging baskets, you can also grow the string of pearls in a regular pot, allowing it to form a terrestrial mat the way it does in the wild.
- The string of pearls can bloom white flowers with a pleasant cinnamon scent.
- Toxic to pets and humans.
- Skill Level: Intermediate