Humphrey, the Pothos ‘Cebu Blue’
Meet Humphrey! A magnificent being, his silvery blue leaves are like a graceful pod of whales migrating around the room. And just like whales, Humphrey the Cebu Blue is known for his great travels during the growing season. He devotes a huge portion of his life to being on the move. Depending on the light, his long narrow leaves can look oceanic green to blue to silver, and as he ages he will begin to produce those much sought-after fenestrations. Maybe he thinks he’s developing baleen for straining fungus gnats like krill? We certainly wish he would.
We recommend planting this plug in our regular potting soil.
This plant ships as a 2″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Botanical name: Epipremnum pinnatum ‘Cebu Blue’
- Prefers medium light. Can tolerate high light but no direct sun.
- Let top of soil dry between waterings. Though does love humidity.
- Fenestrations (holes or "windows") in the leaves will start to happen as plant matures. Growing the plant up a stake or pole will encourage fenestration.
- Toxic to people and pets.
- Skill Level: Beginner