George, the Philodendron tortum
Meet George! His wizardry at back bends and spinal twists has led him to become the region’s leading contortion coach. This guy loves a good hyperextension. Practicing his contortion postures at cocktail parties has put him on both the Must Invite list and the Do Not Invite list fairly equally. Regardless, he’s a conversation starter! We cannot wait to see what he is literally up to with each new leaf…
We recommend planting this plug in our regular potting soil.
This plant ships as a 2″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
We root certain plants in sphagnum moss for greatest shipping success. When you go to repot your plant, carefully remove the growers pot and gently tease open the sphagnum and roots. If some sphagnum falls off, no worries! It can be discarded or added to your potting medium. If some stays attached to the roots, just let it be. Your roots will grow happily around it. We advise that you don’t overly mess with the roots, they don’t need to be picked clean. Questions? Message us!
- Grows most vigorously in a bright, warm area (direct sun can cause leaf burn).
- Likes regular water, somewhat drought tolerant, never let the bottom of the pot sit in water! If leaves are turning yellow and falling off, it's likely over-watered.
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth when they become dusty.
- Toxic to pets and people.
- Skill Level: Intermediate