Gemma, the Jewel Alocasia
1″ STARTER PLANT
*Terracotta pot in photo sold separately.
Meet Gemma! She wants to be the crown jewel of your living room jungle. Her leaves look faceted with their bright veins, reminiscent of the shining surface of a finely cut gem. The backsides of her narrow leaves are burgundy like tear drop garnets. Gemma knows you have seen Romancing the Stone approximately one hundred times and when you mouth the lines, she doesn’t mind if you are Jack or Joan as long as she gets to play the emerald!
We recommend planting this plug in our regular potting soil.
- Botanical name: Alocasia amazonica ‘Bambino’
- Likes regular water, somewhat drought tolerant, never let the bottom of the pot sit in water! If leaves are turning yellow and falling off, it’s likely over-watered.
- Grows best in medium to bright indirect light.
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth when they become dusty.
- Toxic to pets and humans.
- Skill Level: Beginner