Gemma, the Jewel Alocasia
Meet Gemma! She wants to be the crown jewel of your living room jungle. Her leaves look faceted with their bright veins, reminiscent of the shining surface of a finely cut gem. The backsides of her narrow leaves are burgundy like tear drop garnets. Gemma knows you have seen Romancing the Stone approximately one hundred times and when you mouth the lines, she doesn’t mind if you are Jack or Joan as long as she gets to play the emerald!
We recommend planting this plug in our regular potting soil.
This plant ships as a 2″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Botanical name: Alocasia amazonica 'Bambino'
- Likes regular water, somewhat drought tolerant, never let the bottom of the pot sit in water! If leaves are turning yellow and falling off, it's likely over-watered.
- Grows best in medium to bright indirect light.
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth when they become dusty.
- Toxic to pets and humans.
- Skill Level: Beginner