Elwood, the Rhipsalis ewaldiana
Meet Elwood! You can always find him at holiday parties, non-alcoholic punch in hand, lingering hopefully under the mistletoe. Don’t be a bummer about his love of awkward holiday kissing. He worked hard on that pristine comb-over and his grandma worked even harder on that sweater!
We recommend planting this plug in our Epiphyte soil.
THIS PLANT SHIPS AS A 1″ FULLY ROOTED STARTER PLANT, AS SHOWN IN THE SECOND PHOTO. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included. If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
Winter shipping has begun… as a heartfelt thank you, this year we are including free winter protection (thermal insulation liners every time and heat packs as necessary) in each box. *Free winter protection only available through website orders, not our Etsy shop
- Common names: Mistletoe Cactus.
- Loves lots of bright indirect light.
- A native of Brazil, Rhipsalis isn’t a desert cactus but rather an epiphyte from the rainforest.
- Water regularly but allow top 2" of soil to dry out before soaking.
- Plant blooms with tiny white flowers.
- Skill Level: Beginner