Elizabeth, the String of Pearls
Meet Elizabeth! With her timeless elegance like heirloom pearls around the neck, she never goes out of style! She is simple to care for though her simple style is anything but average. She grows best in bright indoor light, and a dash of diluted houseplant fertilizer every month keeps her fashion game strong! In a take-charge way, she’ll let you know when it’s time to water again by deflating her pearls a bit and looking less than succulent. So pay attention because overwatering is the quickest way to say goodbye to this beauty.
We recommend planting this plug in our Cactus & Succulent soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Botanical name: Senecio rowleyanus
- Let dry completely between waterings. If its spherical leaves are flattening out, it needs more water.
- Though most commonly found in hanging baskets, you can also grow the string of pearls in a regular pot, allowing it to form a terrestrial mat the way it does in the wild.
- The string of pearls can bloom white flowers with a pleasant cinnamon scent.
- Toxic to pets and humans.
- Skill Level: Intermediate