Drosera spatulata, Spoon-leafed Sundew
Often referred to as a Spoon Sundew for the shape of its leaves. It grows as a rosetted sundew with green leaves and red “hairs” that hold the sticky liquid. If given bright, indirect light they will develop a lovely red coloration. This small sundew grows as a tightly compacted, mounding plant. They bloom, producing multiple flower stalks high above the foliage consisting of several lovely pink flowers. This carnivorous plant is wonderful at capturing gnats, fruit flies and mosquitoes! Great for beginners, this plant is an easy, small windowsill grower.
We recommend planting this plug in our Drosera soil.
This plant ships as a 2″ fully rooted starter plant.
Winter shipping has begun… as a heartfelt thank you, this year we are including free winter protection (thermal insulation liners every time and heat packs as necessary) in each box. *Free winter protection only available through website orders, not our Etsy shop
- Sundews do best in part shade to bright sunlight. They are well suited for growing on window ledges.
- Water with distilled or non-chlorinated water. Avoid watering the crown of the plant.
- Drosera generally do well in terrariums.
- If your Drosera has little to no dew, increase light.
- Feed your Drosera in the growing season, once every two weeks for robust growth and flower production. Use small gnats or small fish food flakes.
- Toxicity: Sundews are non-toxic and safe for pets and humans.
- Skill Level: Beginner