Live Plants ship on Mondays & Tuesdays only.
Out of stock
This Drosera’s (Sundew) leaves have long petioles and small, round leaf blades which are armed with red, sticky tentacles. They are densely arranged in a rosette, forming a fountain-like shape. Small insects that are trapped on the sticky tentacles become slowly digested, providing nutrients to the plant They readily flower, producing tall stalks with multiple light purple flowers. Over time it can grow quite tall, forming a woody stem as the growth point sheds dead foliage.
We recommend planting this plug in our Drosera soil.
This plant ships as a 2″ fully rooted starter plant.
Mature Plant Height
Mature Plant Spread
- Sundews do best in part shade to bright sunlight. They are well suited for growing on window ledges.
- Water with distilled or non-chlorinated water. Avoid watering the crown of the plant.
- Drosera generally do well in terrariums.
- If your Drosera has little to no dew, increase light.
- Feed your Drosera in the growing season, once every two weeks for robust growth and flower production. Use small gnats or small fish food flakes.
- Toxicity: Sundews are non-toxic and safe for pets and humans.
- Skill Level: Beginner