This Drosera (Sundew) has small rosettes that clump together. They develop a bright red color under strong light. If fed and growing well, the leaves will have a yellow-green hue with red dewy ‘hairs.’ They produce dew on the ends of fine hairs that capture prey such as tiny flies and gnats. They readily flower, producing tall stalks with multiple light pink flowers.
We recommend planting this plug in our Drosera soil.
This plant ships as a 2″ fully rooted starter plant.
—Plants ship on Mondays and Tuesdays—
- Sundews do best in part shade to bright sunlight. They are well suited for growing on window ledges.
- Water with distilled or non-chlorinated water. Avoid watering the crown of the plant.
- Drosera generally do well in terrariums.
- If your Drosera has little to no dew, increase light.
- Feed your Drosera in the growing season, once every two weeks for robust growth and flower production. Use small gnats or small fish food flakes.
- Toxicity: Sundews are non-toxic and safe for pets and humans.
- Skill Level: Beginner