Drosera capensis ‘Alba’, White-form
Only 2 left in stock
Drosera capensis (Cape Sundew) is one of the easiest carnivorous plants to grow. The narrow leaves have long, skinny leaves with white dewy ‘hairs’ on one side which it uses to trap prey. The white form has an all-over lime green coloring. It produces 12″ flower stems with pink or purple flowers.
We recommend planting this plug in our Drosera soil.
This plant ships as a 2″ fully rooted starter plant.
Winter shipping has begun… as a heartfelt thank you, this year we are including free winter protection (thermal insulation liners every time and heat packs as necessary) in each box. *Free winter protection only available through website orders, not our Etsy shop
- Sundews do best in part shade to bright sunlight. They are well suited for growing on window ledges.
- Water with distilled or non-chlorinated water. Avoid watering the crown of the plant.
- Drosera generally do well in terrariums.
- If your Drosera has little to no dew, increase light.
- Feed your Drosera in the growing season, once every two weeks for robust growth and flower production. Use small gnats or small fish food flakes.
- Toxicity: Sundews are non-toxic and safe for pets and humans.
- Skill Level: Beginner