Drosera adelae, Lance-leafed Sundew
Only 2 left in stock
This Drosera has long, sword-shaped leaves. Tentacle movement in this species, unlike other Drosera, is minimal and slow to the point of being barely noticeable. Small insects that are trapped on the sticky tentacles become slowly digested, providing nutrients to the plant They readily flower, producing tall stalks bearing many red, reddish orange, or cream colored flowers. Drosera adelae typically grows in the densely shaded margins of the northeastern Australian rainforests in sandy soils along creek banks or on wet rocks near waterfalls.
We recommend planting this plug in our Drosera soil.
This plant ships as a 2″ fully rooted starter plant.
Winter shipping has begun… as a heartfelt thank you, this year we are including free winter protection (thermal insulation liners every time and heat packs as necessary) in each box. *Free winter protection only available through website orders, not our Etsy shop
- Sundews do best in part shade to bright sunlight. They are well suited for growing on window ledges.
- Water with distilled or non-chlorinated water. Avoid watering the crown of the plant.
- Drosera generally do well in terrariums.
- If your Drosera has little to no dew, increase light.
- Feed your Drosera in the growing season, once every two weeks for robust growth and flower production. Use small gnats or small fish food flakes.
- Toxicity: Sundews are non-toxic and safe for pets and humans.
- Skill Level: Beginner