Draco, The Dragon Tail Plant
Out of stock
Want an email when this is back in stock?
Meet Draco! This dragon awakes, his tail splitting into long, fingery fenestrations as he ages. Named after a favorite constellation, Draco the Dragon Tail hangs around both day and night. Need a star-gazing pal? He’s your guy… but only if you promise to watch the draconid meteor shower every October with him.
We recommend planting this plug in our regular potting soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Young leaves are elliptical and do not have fenestrations (splits in the leaves). As the plant matures, the leaves begin to become deeply incised along the margins.
- In the same family as Pothos, the Dragon Tail prefers medium light and no over-watering! Let the top of the soil dry between waterings.
- Native to French Polynesia, the Dragon Tail is an evergreen vine that can grow 20 ft in its native habitat. Leaves can be the size of dinner plates.
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth when they become dusty.
- All parts of the plant are toxic to people and pets.
- Skill Level: Beginner