Cleo, the Variegated Goldfish Plant
Meet Cleo! She’s adorable, the kind of cute that makes everyone go “awwwww” when she’s in bloom. Covered with puffy orange flowers that look just like swimming goldfish, she’s ready to be a great friend! Sometimes she can be forgetful about fertilizing so she’s going to count on you to help her live her best healthy life. We promise her enthusiasm is worth the work!
We recommend planting this plug in our regular potting soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Botanical name: Nematanthus variegata
- Grows and blooms most vigorously in a bright, warm area (direct sun can cause leaf burn). Bright light will encourage the most variegation.
- Likes regular water, somewhat drought tolerant, never let the bottom of the pot sit in water! If leaves are turning yellow and falling off, it's likely over-watered.
- Trim tips to promote a bushier look.
- Mildly toxic to pets.
- Skill Level: Intermediate