Casper, the Dancing Bones Cactus
Meet Casper. He loves friends who have an eye for the wackily wonderful. He likes to look cute, he’s very positive and overall just a sweet, silly plant. He would love to spend all day with you curating playlists with sections like “Happy,” “Jubilant,” “Get Funky.” Living up to his name “dancing bones,” his narrow joints give him a wild dancing appearance. As a semi-succulent, Casper likes bright light and low water.
We recommend planting this plug in our Cactus & Succulent soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Botanical name: Hatiora salicornioides
- Common names are Dancing Bones, Drunkard’s Dream, Spice Cactus, or Bottle Cactus.
- A native of Brazil, Dancing Bones isn’t a desert cactus but rather an epiphyte from the rainforest.
- Water regularly but allow top 2″ of soil to dry out before soaking. Let it go dormant in the winter months.
- When the plant blooms, tiny bright yellow flowers develop into small pink berries (non-edible).
- Skill Level: Beginner