Bruno, the Rhipsalis pilocarpa
Meet Bruno! Friends, brace yourselves for direct eye contact and an honest handshake. Bruno is no stranger to hard work and you can tell when he has been out in the field, baling hay all day, by how red his arms and neck turn in the direct sun. Get this kid some shade! As soon as chores are over you’ll find the ruffian scrambling up the nearest oak with a new library book in one hand, and his requisite slingshot and a pocket full of green acorns… just in case.
We recommend planting this plug in our Cactus & Succulent soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Common names: Mistletoe Cactus.
- Loves lots of bright indirect light.
- A native of Brazil, Rhipsalis isn’t a desert cactus but rather an epiphyte from the rainforest.
- Water regularly but allow top 2" of soil to dry out before soaking.
- When the plant blooms, tiny bright white flowers develop into small red berries (non-edible).
- Skill Level: Beginner