Boone, the Silver Dollar Vine
Meet Boone! Experienced coin collectors often advise newbies to start their collection with a lucky silver dollar. Well this friend is a whole vine’s worth of luck! He tries not to be crass about wealth, but he’ll have you know he is making bank with these new coins. You guys, the interest alone… Boone’s a guaranteed boon for your plant collection.
We recommend planting this plug in our Cactus & Succulent soil.
This plant ships as a 1″ fully rooted starter plant, as shown in the second photo. It will come wrapped in moss and tucked in a growers pot for safety. The terra cotta pot with the mature plant, shown in the first photo, is not included.
If you order multiple plants, we put them together in one pot so they stay moist and insulated. If you think we haven’t sent the full order, please take out the plants from the pot first to count them.
- Botanical name: Xerosicyos danguyi
- Let dry between waterings. Keep on the drier side to avoid root rot, watering just enough to keep the leaves from shriveling.
- Does well in very bright indirect light.
- A relative of the cucumber, this plant climbs using the same kind of delicate tendrils to grip onto a support structure.
- This succulent type is a rare one which blooms in the spring. When it blooms, you will enjoy yellow to greenish flowers.
- Skill Level: Beginner