This means they can handle light frost, not necessarily freezing temps.
- Flowering cabbage/kale
- Dusty miller
TIPS ON HOW TO GROW ANNUALS
- Amend your soil with soil-pep, compost, manure, or clay buster. This will improve drainage in our Colorado clay soil.
- Plant the right plant in the right location. This is the key to gardening success. Sunny annuals for sunny locations, shady for shade. Water or drought tolerant plants need to be located in the right spot. If a plant is not happy you will usually notice within 48 hours.
- Use root stimulator, a natural plant hormone. Do NOT use high concentration fertilizer at initial planting time since it can burn the plant.
- We suggest the use of Fertilome All Purpose Plant Fertilizer or superphosphate, bone meal, or worm castings when amending your soil.
- If not planting right away, make sure plants are kept cool, have proper light, and lots of water.
- Water plants daily until roots are established, which may take several weeks. Check daily thereafter.
- If planting in pots or planters, use potting soil. Do NOT use soil from the garden as it is too compact and will not drain.