We know the story, it's as old as time, of having too much zucchini! Maybe you were planning on losing a few plants to hail or rabbits and squirrels but all survived and thrived. And now you are leaving them on porches in the night, sending your child to their first day of school with armloads for the teachers, trying to use them as barter for your library fines... Trust us, you are not alone. So here are 5 ways to use your zucchini that don't include bread or muffins!
- Zucchini Noodles, aka Zoodles, are long thin strips of zucchini that resemble pasta. A fresh, fun, nutritious take on gluten-free pasta options! Saute your zoodles in a sauce pan until tender and then serve with your favorite sauce or just plain with salt and pepper. Try this Zucchini Noodle Ramen Soup recipe from the blog, Food with Feeling.
- Zucchini Boats are hollowed out zucchini halves that become roasted vessels for tasty fillings! Some stuffing ideas are spinach and artichoke dip, burrito filling, chicken parm, pizza toppings, and more. Try this Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boat recipe from DestinationDelish.com!
- Zucchini salsa is another fantastic way to use up your summer squash. Add it to your favorite corn salsa recipe and enjoy as a dish topper or a chip dip. Try this Spicy Corn and Zucchini Salsa for Canning recipe from epicurious.com
- Baked Zucchini Fries will be your new favorite way to eat zucchini. Try this recipe from Jessica Gavin!
- Add it to burgers or meatballs! Mix shredded zucchini into turkey or chicken burgers or meatballs. It will add moisture, extra nutrients, and is a great way to get kiddos (and adults!) to eat more vegetables. Try this Turkey Zucchini Meatballs with Lemony Yogurt Sauce recipe from the blog, Panning the Globe.